Air Comfort Group has achieved an important milestone: 1 million safe man-hours without a loss time injury.
“This achievement is the result of our management commitment and all employee’s involvement and support for safety management systems at Air Comfort, Comfort Controls, AC Fabrication, and Air Comfort Group,” said Safety Director Derek Harvey. “The journey towards safety excellence will be continued, provided we continuously improve our safety culture by taking ownership on safety issues, implementing company Health & Safety Procedures, and adopting safe work practices within our team.”
Reaching 1 million man-hours comes off the heels of designing, installing, and commissioning all of the HVAC systems in Shell’s Appomattox LQ and Topsides Modules. In total, 16 systems and over 1200 tons were installed on the Appomattox platform.
To further strengthen the 1 million man-hours worked without a loss time injury, here are the safety awards we’ve achieved throughout that time:
- 2015/2016/2017 Outstanding Safety Performance Award (Baytown Area) – ExxonMobil
- 2015/2016/2017 Texas Safety Award for Jobsite Safety (Golden Triangle) – ISTC
- 2015/2016/2017 Sustained Performance Zero Recordable (Golden Triangle) – ISTC
- 2015 Five Years Lost Time Award (Golden Triangle) – ISTC
- 2016 Six Years Lost Time Free Award (Golden Triangle) – ISTC
- 2017 Seven Years Lost Time Free Award (Golden Triangle) – ISTC
- 2015/2016/2017 Certificate of Excellence – Texas Safety Award Achievement in Jobsite Safety (AGC)
We want to pass our thanks to our wonderful staff who made this possible. We look forward to hitting our next million.